Re: Cannot get Debian sarge/linux-2.6.10 to recognize Netgear PCI Card

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:09:53 -0800, johnc <johnc909@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to get my described setup to recognize my Netgear PCI
> wireless card (WG311).
>
> I've rebuilt a kernel to include prism54 support ... but the device
> doesn't even show up in "lcpci" output.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to go about diagnosing the problem?

You need to know what chipset uses the card, after a quick search
seems that WG311v1 is equipped with an Atheros chipset, the WG311v2
instead uses the TI ACX111 chipset. The quick search point to a
SourceForge page http://acx100.sourceforge.net, but don't know if the
latter works tho.

You can use this page
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm to