Re: 33 MB used on a empty partition?

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:18:47 +0000, Joao Clemente <jpcl@rnl.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> What tool can I use to find out the filesystem details? The partition
> sizes we can find out with fdisk, cfdisk, or whatever... but how do we
> check the "what filesystem, what blocksize, what journal size", ...?

Running dump2efs on the partition will give you, among other
information, the block size and the journal inode. Then run debugfs on
the partition, and use the command: "stat <i>", replacing i with the
inode of the journal. This will give you the blockcount. Multiply this
blockcount by the block size to get the journal size in bytes.

Rabin

--
http://rabin.blogspot.com