Re: Debian on an old PC

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thursday 06 January 2005 01:44 pm, John Schmidt wrote:

Old pcs often can't boot from a CD even if they have one. You might be able to flash the BIOS to upgrade it, but that assumes there is an update out there (highly unlikely).

If it's too old to boot from a CD, wouldn't it also pre-date flashable BIOS?
No, I remember flashing old AT&T 6300 (4.77MHz 8086 PC) PCs here on campus because they had a Y2K-style glitch in the BIOS; it wouldn't go beyond 1987 or thereabouts (my memory is hazy).

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu