Migration process to Evolution 2 failing (debian testing)

I am running debian testing and have just been upgraded to Evolution 2. The trouble is the migration of my current data is failing. All my mail appears to have been migrated to ~/.evolution successfully but the evolution-data-server process hangs at the addressbook migration stage with the following;

(evolution:6445): libebook-WARNING **: invalid utf8 passed to EVCard.  Limping along.

(evolution:6445): libebook-WARNING **: vcard ended without END:VCARD

And the cpu & mem usage goes to 100%.

If I –force-shutdown and restart I get to this stage again but there are now 2 copies of the above lines.

I assume I can keep starting Evolution and manually complete the migration but I could be here forever. I’m not worried about the contacts I just want to get to my mail. Is there a workaround so I can complete the migration and start using Evolution 2. As mentioned my mail appears to have migrated successfully.

AG