Re: Synaptic toolbar missing icons and text

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 11:30 pm, Gary Garibaldi wrote:
> I seem to have lost the toolbar and it's icons to synaptic under sarge.
> It was working correctly about a week ago before I did an upgrade
> dist-upgrade. Does anyone know if this is a bug.
> Thank
> Gary

Yes it is a bug.

I had the same problem.  I fixed it by getting libglade2-0 1:2.4.0-1 and using
dpkg -i to install it downgrading from the libglade2-0 1:2.4.1-1 which
triggered the problem.
I got libglade2-0 1:2.4.0-1 from here:

presuming you are using i386 the file is :

I changed my /etc/apt/preferences to read:

Package: *
Pin: release a=apt-build
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: libglade2-0
Pin: version 1:2.4-1
Pin-Priority: 1001

Understand, I do not know what I am doing,  I don't understand pinning
packages, nor do I know what the possible consequences are.  But I have icons
in synaptic again.