Re: Debian on an old PC

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:54:43 +0100 (CET)
"Vegard Lundby Rekaa" <vegardlr@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:

> I need some advice. Is debian fit for a Pentium 100MHz PC with 16MB
> RAM and approx 4Gb harddisk? Are there anyone who has experience with
> such a slow machine running debian (or any other linux dist)?

I'm currently using a Pentium 133Mhz with a 3GB hard drive for my
firewall. It does, however, have 64MB of ram instead of 16MB.

You could probably use your computer for similar purposes, though I
would recommend trying to get a little more ram in it. You could
also use it as a dumb terminal for running off a terminal server.

HTH,
Jacob