Re: Package includes a .desktop but no /usr/lib/menu/{foo} file

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 07:54 pm, William Ballard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:49:47PM -0500, Brian Pack wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 January 2005 07:31 pm, William Ballard wrote:
> > > Freeguide packages a .desktop in /usr/share/applications
> > > but nothing in /usr/lib/menu, so I don't have a menu entry for it.
> > >
> > > I use fluxbox.  Is there something I can install which will
> > > automatically add a menu entry for this for me?
> >
> > Menu. Then you can run update-menus from the command line when necessary.
>
> Running update-menus does not add a menu entry for this.

In that case it's a simple matter to add the line

[exec] (foo) {/usr/bin/foo}

to your fluxbox menu file.

Of course, if you do this, you'll want to name the menu file to something
*other* than fluxbox-menu, and change the session.MenuFile line in the
fluxbox init file. That way the menu won't be overwritten when you run
update-menus.