Re: tracking memory resource issues

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 03:16 am, Sam Watkins wrote:
> > climbed to unbearable.  Further, even if I close
> > all programs and leave the computer on, the memory
> > usage doesn't drop to what it was when I logged
> > in. How can I trace what software is sucking my
> > memory?
>
> It's probably the X server.
I agree. Every once in a while I have to kill the X server to get back
resources. I am running kde3.3 on debian sid. it is annoying. (I have a gig
of ram and many windows open all the time and after a while it gets
unbearrably slow and i kill X and restart it and then all is ok....
Any alternatives?
Mitchell