Re: names good for marketing

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 21:18 +0000, Sue Spence wrote:

William Ballard wrote:

You need to broaden your horizons.  Besides, I didn't say it's hard to be
racist if you live in a mostly-white area: I said it's easy not to be.

Tell you what you can live in the 50% black city and I'll live in the
90% white city.  Then you can demonstrate your "tolerance" and I'll
moralize at you.

I was born in and frequently spend time in a major American city which has a "white" population of ~30%. About 60% are African-American. My father grew up there, and my sister still lives there. I can't say that we have ever found "the race thing" to be much of a problem. No, I don't want you to tell me why you have such difficulty living near people of other races & cultures. It's really obvious.

I guess it all depends on which part of town you frequent.

This kind of problem seems to exist primarily in the minds of the sufferers (who are of all races). As such, it goes where they go.