Re: cd burning oddities

on Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 05:43:25AM +0100, Chrissie Brown (x.chrissie.x@t-online.de) wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Me and a friend of mine are both running Debian unstable, Kernel 2.6.7. At
> the last dist-upgrade ~1 month ago we began suffering from the following
> issues:
>
> I am a Gnome User and want to burn a Data CD via eroaster. I get the
> following Message:
>
> A programming error has been detected during the execution of this program.
> It probably isn't fatal, but should be reported to the developers nonetheless.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/eroaster/Application.py", line 760, in BurnWriterOptions
> self.BurnCDNow()
> File "/usr/lib/eroaster/Application.py", line 829, in BurnCDNow
> cdrecord = cdrtools.cdrecord(channel, id, lun, self.devWriter.get_text(), self.cat.get_loglevel())
> File "/usr/lib/eroaster/cdrtools.py", line 124, in init
> self.__cdrecord_read_version()
> File "/usr/lib/eroaster/cdrtools.py", line 249, in __cdrecord_read_version
> for i in range(len(version[1])):
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> So far, so good, no Problem, i can burn Data CDs via k3b or the command
> Line. But, have i discovered a new debian bug or are there some
> workarounds?

Check against the BTS (bugtracking system:  http://bugs.debian.org/).

If you don't see a bug filed, file one.

No clue WRT your groisofs bug.

FWIW:  it's generally better to keep one topic per mail, and indicate
the problem in your subject line.

Peace.

    Off to break the nvidia driver by changing the kernel interfaces
    again, this is becoming a fun hobby...
    - Greg Kroah-Hartman, Linux kernel hacker, on linux-elitists