Re: Need Camcorder Firewire Help - Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions which solved my problems.  I installed
gscanbus and when it aborted, I ran strace gscanbus which showed the
problem was a failure to open /dev/raw1394.  A check showed this file
was owned by root and disk but with only 660 permissions.  I changed the
permissions to 666 and added the group disk to my user name.  Then
gscanbus showed a connection to my camera.

dvgrab starts the camera but drops frames even though I have stopped xdm
and have no other programs running.  I assume my Athlon XP 1800+ cpu is
not fast enough for the job and will try an upgrade.

Tom George