Re: Is there any Open Source Community of Scientists?

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:43:10PM +0500, Nayyar Ahmed wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> It want to have knowledge about some Open Source
> Community that is involued in developing applications and
> tools to supports various fields of science like Physics, Bio, Chemistry etc.
>
> As Govt. Of Pakistan have initiated a Govt. Funded Fourm which will
> educate Scientist of various fields about Open Source support in their
> fields.
>
> Fartunatly I am a member of that fourm as well. So I need that information
>
> TIA,
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nayyar Ahmad
>
> Lecturer
> Faculty Of Computer Science,
> Institute Of Management Sciences,
> Hayat Abad Peshawar , Pakistan.
> Office : 92-091-9217404 , 9217452
> Cell     :  92-0333-9139461

CERN, the European center for research in high energy physics has
a very active computer group that supports high energy physics and
is energetically international. All of their work has financial
support from governments and is generally available to any
interested downloader. As to their being a community, that depends
on how close to normal human being you place physicists.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net