Re: names good for marketing

Alvin Smith wrote (03-01-2005 04:01):
On Tuesday 28 December 2004 05:45 pm, Mauro Darida wrote:

Yeah, I've gotta admit, I'm a bit turned off by the name, "Ubuntu."

Perhaps the poster would be turned off by any non-english or
non-european name.

I think that ubuntu is probably a good name if you want to
sell in africa but certainly not a good choice if you want to sell in
the western world. Do not underestimate the power of emotions.

To put it bluntly, the issue is whether white people will accept a product with a Black African "sounding" name or not.

If this is indeed the problem, the problem is not with Ubuntu.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)
Seindal Consult