Re: OT: Ubuntu.org

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 00:37 +0100, René Seindal wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote (28-12-2004 00:25):
>
> > You missed the smiley face.  Still, bet you dime to a dollar that
> > no company nowadays, especially a national or transnational, would
> > name a product "Apache".
>
> There's the Apache attack helicopter, which the producer probably sells
> to a few select friends of the USA.

Except that the Army decides code names, not the contractor.

(Long ago, the Army decided that all helicopters would have "Red
Indian" tribal names.  So, Apache is just following that tradition.)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will
not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and
a dog."
Mark Twain