Re: imap-addressbook connect failure

Don Hayward wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Adam Aube wrote:

>> Since the address book is on an SMB mount, most likely the upgrade of
>> Samba, not uw-imap, caused the problem.

> I copied the file into a non smbfs volume (the user's home directory)
> and altered the address on the client -- the error messages didn't
> change.

My original understanding was that the mail clients were accessing the
address books as a file over an SMB mount. However, now it appears that the
IMAP server has the address books on an SMB mount, and the mail clients are
accessing the address book via an IMAP extension.

If this is true, then it would be an issue with uw-imap, not Samba. I don't
have any experience with that IMAP server, so all I can offer is some
general suggestions (all with the prefix "If you haven't already...").

1) Check the documentation for the configuration file for any parameters
that have changed name or function

2) Check Google and the list archives here and on uw-imap's list to see if
anyone else has encountered this

3) File a bug report against uw-imap (reportbug uw-imap)

Do (3) only if (1) and (2) don't solve your problem.

Perhaps someone else can offer more specific and helpful suggestions.

Adam