Re: nVidia Video Drivers Need Reinstalled After Reboot

Pau Capdevila wrote:

I just solved this issue removing the package nvidia-glx.
Firstly chek the nvidia kernel module loading in /etc/modules

That problem has been solved. As per someone else's suggestion in this thread, a simple modprobe nvidia installed the drivers without having to run the nVidia installer. After that, I added nvidia to /etc/modules, and now the drivers load automatically.

So that is one task down, a buttload more to go. Next on the list is getting the TV Tuner working properly, and then getting the on-board 3Com NIC working so I can access the rest of my network here at home.