Re: Debian file check

MJang wrote:
> Just wondering if there's a dpkg (or maybe debsums) command functionally
> equivalent to
>
> rpm -Vf /path/to/filename
>
> Which checks and verifies a specific file against the original package -
> or do I need to resort to a Tripwire check.

Yes, debsums. Some packages don't have the md5sums though, but if you
have the original deb:

      debsums -gap /mirrors/debian/pool/main/m/mawk/ mawk

Generating missing md5sums for /mirrors/debian/pool/main/m/mawk/ ...
/mawk_1.3.3-11_i386.deb...done.

usr/bin/mawk                                            OK
usr/share/man/man1/mawk.1.gz                            OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/copyright                            OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/README.gz                            OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/ACKNOWLEDGMENT.gz                    OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/changelog.gz                         OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/changelog.Debian.gz                  OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/decl.awk.gz             FAILED
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/deps.awk.gz                 OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/gdecl.awk.gz                OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/hcal.gz                     OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/hical.gz                    OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/nocomment.awk.gz            OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/primes.awk.gz               OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/qsort.awk.gz                OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/ct_length.awk.gz            OK
usr/share/doc/mawk/examples/eatc.awk.gz                 OK