Re: No CD sound

Andrea,

I am using ALSA. I now have gotten XMMS to work, I think consistently,
by configuring the CD plugin to read the CD through Digital Audio
Extraction.

But I still don't understand why, before, XMMS would work some of the
time. And is there a way to configure GNOME-CD or KsCD to read the CD
through Digital Audio Extraction?

And why do I have to use DAE on the Toshiba anyway?

I appreciate your help,
Ted