Re: [OT] The decline and fall of Google Groups

On Saturday 18 December 2004 14:44, Andy Firman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:24:13AM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> > Google's becoming evil.
> >
> > Not only have they screwed up groups layout, showing a few columns of
> > text and leaving a big space for ads, now they're pimping their own
> > group namespace beside usenet.
> >
> > It's horrible.
>
> I agree 100%.
>
> > Is there any other usenet archive?
>
> This is one good resource for me:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/
>
> Since Google groups sucks for finding answers now, what else is everyone
> using?

There is a topic "Suggestion/Feature request" in
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py
I'm being overly optimistic, but maybe some strong feedback make them abort
this new ugly creature and give us back our good old Google Groups.

Cláudio