Re: Replacing Dying Harddisk (ReiserFS)

Darryl Clarke wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any wonderful ideas as to how I should
go about "ghosting" my existing linux system.

Norton Ghost only supports EXT2/3 for linux and I used ReiserFS so
using it is out of the question.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how I could transfer my existing
setup to the new drive?

Old Disk: 8gb /dev/hda
New Disk: 80gb /dev/sda (currently plugged into USB2, to be moved to /dev/hda)
Bootloader: Grub
Filesystems: ReiserFS

Hopefully there's a simple solution ;) Thanks!

have both drives in, boot with rescue cd, then

cp -a /mnt/hda/* /mnt/hda.new/

?