Re: Backup with versioning

Alvin Oga wrote:
 > - backup scripts are all FREE ... and all require tweeking, which
  users and servers you want to backup to where

Thank you Alvin,
what you say is very very interesting.

Maybe what you say is the right approach also for me and I could just use the diff command to compare any restored file and the current version.

I think rdiff-backup might be interesting tool.

Do you know any other sources of good scripts so that I do not forget anything important ?

Take care,
Bob

PS Just burned /etc /home /root on two CD-R just to have a starting base in case disaster strikes before I setup my backup strategy :)