Re: ftp question

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:34:34 -0500 (EST), disciple@exis.net
<disciple@exis.net> wrote:
> How do you transfer an entire directory using ftp?  The directory that I'm
> trying to transfer has a lot of "subdirectories" in it.  These directories
> also have several types of files in them... ie.. text, video, wav, mp3,
> etc.
>
> Thanks everyone... :)

I personally use rsync over ssh. The exact command I use looks as follows

rsync -e ssh -avz path/of/the/file user@host:path/of/the/file

I find this much useful over scp, sftp, gftp, ftp, konqueror (vertical
split and using sftp protocol). But I suggest you to try each and pick
whichever suits you best.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi