Re: Question about usbkey lights

On Friday 03 December 2004 06:35 pm, Brad Sims wrote:
> I have a 512mb Sandisk Cruzer, it works perfectly. However when unmounting
>  it the light stays on, it goes off on Windows... Just was wondering if
> anyone had a solution other than killing and restarting hotplug (which
> seems silly, and Not Elegant).

 I have the Cruzer Mini 256.  On my desktop, running Sid, when I umount the
device, the light goes off.  I just discovered this today.  The light on my
laptop remains on.  It, too, is running Sid.  I have not investigated yet as
to why there is different behavior.  Maybe I'll have time in a day or two and
will report what I find.  As far as I can remember off hand (not near my
desktop), both are running a stock 2.6.9 kernel and udev and hotplug.

--

Stewart...