Re: Package to block random SSH login attempts?

The other thing about ssh attacks is that I feel that I should try to contact
the people whose server has presumably been taken over and let them know that
it is attacking other servers.

I did this manually a couple times, but I guess it would be useful to have a
script to help.  (lookup whois and reverse DNS, see if there's a webpage hosted
on the machine, look for contact email, and draft a message to various possible
contact emails for me to edit)

I know if my box was comprimised and attacking people, I'd like to know about
it!

Attacking people's boxen running ssh seems to be a popular passtime at the
moment, it would be good to have a way to fight back against this trend, rather
than just protecting our own machines.

Maybe there's some good reason NOT to contact people, I can't think why.
Might not want to use your canonical email address though!

Sam