Re: Package to block random SSH login attempts?

Incoming from Adam Rosi-Kessel:
> Is there any Debian package (or free software outside of Debian) that can
> detect random ssh login attempts and blacklist (temporarily or
> permanently) the IP address?

fwlogwatch purports to be able to do this (I haven't tried this
feature; ymmv).  However, wouldn't it make more sense to simply limit
ssh to accept login attempts only from IPs you (or your users?) might
be coming from?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -