Re: Installing Debian on USB HDD

Johnson, Chad wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a USB harddrive and I want to install Debian on it. I have a base Debian installed on a miniCD, and when I boot to the Debian installer and I get to the partitioning part, my drive is not listed, so I can't partition my drive.
Actually I would be interested in knowing how to do this too. What I would want to do is install a minimal debian system on 1gb flash usb 2 with maybe 1gb memory (to avoid swapping on flash...). Coupled with a low power / underclocked CPU, you could make very robust, fanless and noiseless workstations with no mechanical parts in them...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.