Re: M$ USB-key

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:53:07AM +0100, Yevgen Reznichenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have again troubles to run M$ mess on my linux machine (sid, 2.4.27,
> 2.6.9), but now it is software it is hardware. I got an USB-Memory-stick
> from M$ and can't mount it. Actually the stick is from Swissbit and
> according to its homepage it is supported by 2.4+ kernels. How can I run
> this thing under my machine?
>
> Here is dmesg output:
>
> hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-1, assigned address 3
> usb.c: kmalloc IF c5216d60, numif 1
> usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
> usb.c: USB device number 3 default language ID 0x409
> Manufacturer: SWISSBIT
> Product: Twist
> SerialNumber: 408E8FAE062113B6
> WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
> USB Mass Storage device found at 3
> usb.c: usb-storage driver claimed interface c5216d60
> usb.c: kusbd: /sbin/hotplug add 3
> usb.c: kusbd policy returned 0xfffffffe
> hub.c: port 2, portstatus 100, change 0, 12 Mb/s
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> $ mount /mnt/usb/
> mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

Are you sure sda1 is the right device?

For some reason, my key uses /dev/sda

try

mount -t auto /dev/sda /mnt

and see if that works

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a