Re: display problem

In linux.debian.user, I wrote:
On 2004-12-03, Dudley Cooke <roo@araneid.com> wrote:
> Since doing
> apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> this morning my display has been ugly with horizontal streaks in X and
> console (curses programmes where there are blocks of colour).  I'd like
> to fix the problem or file a bug report, but don't really know how to
> identify the cause of the problem.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction please?

Sorry, I moved from testing to unstable about a fortnight ago.  I'm
running stock kernel  2.6.8-1-686 which I suspect is the problem given
that it's in console and X.  The video card uses the nv driver in X.

No system backups ( I do /home regularly which is on a different
physical drive) due to a lack of storage space.  I can usually fix things
up with a little help from knoppix if nescessary.