apt/sources.list - name of Debian mirror?

My Debian mirror (mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub) lists "sarge" and "testing"
as alternatives and supplies the following info:

stable, or woody    - the released Debian 3.0r3.
proposed-updates    - possible updates to Debian 3.0.  See the README there.
testing, or sarge   - the development version of the next release.

Sarge currently asks for the name of a Debian mirror as part of the info
it uses in its install.

Is the merit in listing "testing" rather than "sarge" in answer to
that query? I realise that when Sarge becomes the official release,
the contents of "testing" and "stable" will, for a brief period, be
identical.

I also note that the Debian security updates - to which I subscribe -
are not present in "testing".  Does that matter when using "apt-get" to
install them?

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen