Re: Samba not accessible with 3.0.8

Since 3.0.8 I have a smbfs problem (maybe it is related). I can mount, I can
see and read all the remote files. But when changing a file, input is hanging
for ~30s (e.g. console or editor), coming back with 'i/o error'. Now, the
remote file has 0 bytes.

This always happens. It also happens with different remote machines/samba
versions.

Meanwhile I switched to NFS. But it would be interesting to know what is
happening.

Ah, yes: got the latest SID x86, kernel 2.6.8.1
There is absolutely no entry in the logs about what happens. Neither local nor
remote. There is no firewall between the machines.

Regards, Tim