Re: Firewall Debian vs SUSE

Sorry debian-user not debian-users.

--- Alfonso Mora <alf@la-voix.net> wrote:

I'm having a meting at work, where is going to be taken de decision off
installing several firewalls with linux.

For the most part Linux and it's user side tools will provide a vary
simular firewall environment.  The diffrence is only the distrobution, how
programs are installed and maintained.  Given this I have moved the thread
off the firewall list, as this is a debian-user question.

<>The two choices are suse or Debian</>  <>
Any suggestions to help defending Debian solution?</>
Last time I used suse it was German centric.  That may have changed.
Debian however supports many diffrent users, architectures(AMD64), and
even OSs other then just linux.

This is where debian is going to be of much help, even if you chose to run
suse, with it's many lists and bug database.  Also IMHO the package mngmnt
is much nicer for users and more flexible for packagers.

If you have problems you can ask on the many lists and for getting the
solution to be defacto standered the reportbug pkg is uneaquild.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Alfonso M.

PS.- Not only $$$$