Re: libfreetype6

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 02:54:48PM +0100, Giorgio Raccanelli wrote:
> I'm having problem in the installation of the x-window-system. It
> depends on xnest, and xnest depends on libfreetype6 (>=2.1.5-1) but I
> only have  libfreetype6 (2.0.9-1). I did the apt-get update, so why
> don't I get the correct version of the libfreetype6. Furthermore, I
> checked in the debian web site and found that there's only the version
> 2.0.9-1, i.e. what I already have.
>
> Does anyone have an idea? What should I do to install x-window-system?

I would suggest that you either use xnest from stable, where
libfreetype6 2.0.9-1 is or that you use libfreetype6 from testing or
unstable (2.1.7-2.3).  Also, if you don't need everything from
x-window-system you can install just x-window-system-core and the pieces
that you want.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com