offlineimap, fastchecklite

A while ago I wrote an ugly hack called "fastchecklite" to check for new mail
on my imap account, and the other day I changed it to invoke offlineimap to
sync my mail.  So now I have an "almost perfect" imap / mutt setup :) :) :)
If anyone else would like to use my ugly hack, let me know and I'll clean it up
a bit and mail you a copy.  If you want TLS / SASL support you can add it
in yourself!

There might be a non-ugly non-hacky existing solution to do this, anyone?

Sam