Re: Question about Dual boot Linux on one box (chroot)

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 07:43:47PM +0000, rec.sea@btopenworld.com wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 05:55, McLaughlin, Toby wrote:
> > An advanced technique that you could consider is not to dual-boot at
> > all, but to run Debian in chroot environment under gentoo.  In this
> > setup, both distributions can run simultaneously while sharing the same
> > kernel.  I haven't this myself I'm afraid but there is plenty of
> > literature describing it.
>
> I am not familiar with chroot. Could you please point us out to good
> documentation?

To install Debian manually to use via chroot, take a look at:

http://trilldev.sourceforge.net/files/remotedeb.html

You'll need debootstrap installed on your host (Gentoo) and it will
install all needed packages for debian to start up and give you hints
about entering the chroot environment.

Jeremy