Running arson as non-root user...

Good morning,

I'm running debian sarge w/ kernel 2.6.8 and I'm trying to get arson
working.  It works fine when started from a root X session but, as a
normal user, it won't start; the KDE Crash Handler reports "The
application arson (arson) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV)."
Some notes:

- when I start it with "arson --copy", it works fine
- I've been able to burn CD's as a non-root user with mp3burn
(command-line tool that calls cdrecord) and gtoaster (using cdrdao as
the back-end writing software) so I don't _think_ that the configuration
of these back-end tools is in question but...

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Colin Alie BSc, MASc
Research Assistant