Re: ftp clients

On Monday 01 November 2004 22:06, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 22:41 +0100, Richard Lyons wrote:
> > Any recommendations for convenient ftp client for uploading web
pages,
> > galleries, etc., and for updating the same?
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > I tried ncftp2, which is ok, as far as it goes.
>
> Package ncftp is a newer version than ncftp2.

That's counter-intuitive.  Installed it, and it works fast and easily.
A little to learn, but the man pages are all that is needed.  I shall
probably stay with this.

> Have you tried using ncftpput?

Not yet, but I read that man page too.  It will be useful (as long as I
sort the write permissions in advance).

Thanks.

--
richard

PS Happy voting (whether you choose the rock or the hard place).