Re: Monitor resolution

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:50:27 +0200, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I installed the debian sarge yesterday, and I'm not
> able with the setup
> to increase the monitor resolution to more
> than 800X600.
>
> I would prefer 1024X768.
>
> The graphic card is an old ATI, but with SuSE, it has
> worked fine at
> 1024X768.
>
> TIA
>
> Erik Jakobsen

I think you must check you resolution, in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, the monitor resolution
always can be moved there.

In the screen section
in Modes you will find something like

Modes "800x600" "640x480" ...

you must put in this line the resolution that you want
first.

Modes "1024x768" "800x600" ....

also you must have the correct values for HorizSync,
and VertRefresh.

I hope this help.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)