Re: Recomended dual head video card

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Dana J. Laude wrote:

> I have a matrox G450 that I picked off eBay for $35 and it works quite
> well and the price was right. It's a older card though, so for gaming
> I wouldn't really recommend it... although the card works "ok", 3D
> stuff is a tad on the slow side.  For normal stuff it works great
> though, and 2 monitors are very cool.. which I was running under
> debian unstable with windowmaker.

I run a G450 dual head, be warned there is a problem with gamma correction
on the second head. From what I gather it is a hardware limitation.

If you don't need gamma correction, not a problem. For my setup with BenQ
FP951s, they were way too bright and the OSD wouldn't adjust down enough.

Later,

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Administrator    wcarlson@vh.org      | Anything is possible,