Re: [OT] Video card recommendations.

I'd just like to know what video card works best "out of the box" with
debian.

This is because I have just got woody, and aparently I, as a newbie,
have to figure out how to install & compile a special driver so woody
can talk to the on-board four mb of memory on my Intel 82815 video
card.  I sure would like to just be able to have base-config just get
it up right as an xfree86 terminal.

I'm not freaking, tho, as I have knoppix running smooth as silk on
another partition,

BTW, what is VESA?!
---
Scotty