Re: question re: removing all traces of Windows ME OS

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 20:42 -0500, Jeff Golden wrote:

> > A basic rule of life is never burn bridges behind you. Retreat is often
> > a tactical necessity.
> >

> This is true but it is rather annoying to have to re-boot into windows
> to do simple things like banking or dial into your office.  My
> solution to the same problem is to utilize Win4Lin (commercial but it
> saves me time).   It allows me to do the minimal things I need to do
> for work and banking quite easily.  Also allows me to run Rhapsody
> music service.  Even supports my VPN client (nortel) and PC Anywhere.
>  I would suggest having a look at that.
>
> --Jeff

I thought about Win4Lin back when I was converting our office to
staroffice 5.2 and linux (the advantage of being the CEO, CFO and CTO :)
Instead I networked an extra PC and rolled my chair back and forth for a
few months. Nowadays I generally run windows once a month, and for less
than 30 minutes, so Win4Lin would be overkill.