Re: question re: removing all traces of Windows ME OS

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Moffa <cmoffa@kiplinger.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:25:14 -0400
Subject: question re: removing all traces of Windows ME OS
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

 [...[

> What's the protocol for removing all traces of Windows ME?  How's about good old
> "format C:\?"  Whatever the protocol, once the OS is removed will the computer boot
> from the Debian CD and allow me to install it?

If you are going to install Debian, during the installation process
you'll be asked if you want to erase the content of your HD, so you
don't need to do it before.

> Sorry to ask such a broad question.  If the answer is too involved to reply by email,
> can you suggest a web site?

On the Debian home page you'll find an installation guide
(http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual) for Woody, the
latest Debian stable version released. The new stable, Sarge, should
be released real soon now. A lot of people have found Sarge to works
well, but can still have some rough egdes...

Andrea