Re: Help

Le Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 11:01:53PM +0200, Olav Sindre Vik Støylen ecrit :
> I've just installed Debian on my computer laptop, but the screen size is
> disapointingly small..
> What can i do, i've searched all over the web for drivers, but cannot find
> anything.
> I have a "Standard PCI graphic card".

Try using framebuffer. You should try to add a parameter to the kernel
line either in /etc/lilo.conf, cut and paste the default section,
renamme the copy and add the following line to it before running
"lilo" and rebooting :
vga=0x315

or in /boot/grub/menu.lst, add a new alternative (a special comment
line) in the file with the option "vga=0x315" and run the script
"upgrade-grub"

To know the different possible values, consult the
/usr/share/doc/kernel-documentation/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt
(apt-get install kernel-doc-x.y.z)

Fanfan
--
Puissent les dieux te donner un mari, un foyer et la grâce de la paix,
car il n'y a rien de plus grand et de meilleur que cela.