Clarification needed for dist-upgrade instructions

> Change woody to sarge in your /etc/apt/sources.list
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade

I received the above instructions from this mailing
list.  The bottom lines seem to be a little different
from the documentation but it is the top line that
lost me, and the docs didn't help.

I have no reference to "woody" in the source.list
file; I installed woody from CD's and that is all
there is.  Do I just put the word "Sarge" on a line?

Thanks,

ejd