Re: newbie trying to install usb modem - works now

installed now thanks
I ended up using
http://speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net/
ran the script, went back and installed make and gcc. Ran the script, and now it works.

I believe the other approach to get it running in kernel space is summarised at this site.

http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/index.php?/index.en.html