(OT) PostgreSQL tool to interact from webpage

Is there in sid a tool or way to fully interact with PostgresSQL
(creation, examination, modification and destruction of elements in
dbs) from webpages? So far I've seen some Tk/Tcl tools, and I might have
seen some python things. Initially it seems that mysql has more to offer in
that area with php functions, but I wouldn't mind reading different
opinions and or ideas. I am trying to implement that type of system,
which would interact with a db (could be remote or local) based on
input from specific webpages.
Thank you in advance to all that answer.