Re: Tuxracer doesn't work correctly when using ALSA

On Sunday 05 September 2004 01:06, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems getting Tuxracer to work with ALSA?
>
> My problem: when using the ALSA drivers, Tuxracer loads, but I only get
> a black screen. The mouse cursor is bigger than normal, so switching to
> the right screen resolution seems to work. I can still move the mouse
> cursor, but Tuxraver cannot be killed. ps says it is in uninterruptable
> sleed (D). I can restart X using CTRL+ALT+DEL, log in again, and
> restart Tuxracer. /This/ time it works.

Mine does work. Together with the alsa (I am using 2.6 kernels), there is an
OSS compatibility layer so check your documentation and setup. Tuxracer will
not run if jack is running. It cannot connect through jack and jack busies up
the alsa driver.

Tuxracer does begin with a blank screen. It takes a few seconds before the
main menu screen appears. A white mouse-arrow will appear on the blank screen
if you move the mouse.

I have the problem of having to restart X  (control/alt/backspace) if I have
logout and login in since this disables DRI. This, however, may be a problem
with my card (ATI-mach64/rage) , but who knows? Nothing to do with alsa.