X starup problems with a 2.6.7 kernel

Title: Message
I'm not too sure but I think I may have run into a known bug with X and some 2.6 kernels. When I try to start X when booting to my 2.6.7 kernel (built from the debian source package) I see the following in the dmesg output:

[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* space: 131056 wanted 131064
[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* lockup

This doesn't occur with my 2.4 kernel and after some googling it looks like a bug in X with some of the 2.6 kernels. Anybody have any additional information or a way I can get X working with a 2.6 kernel. I installed debian on a VAIO TR3a that uses the Intel 2200 BG wireless card. Intel has a driver I want to try but it requires the 2.6 kernel for compilation. Under the 2.4 kernel I'm using the ndiswrapper.

Grant