Re: [d-i] Hard drive not detected (4GB) on IBM Thinkpad 560X

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:28:27 +0200, Sylvain Vedrenne
<sylvain.vedrenne@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm stuck trying to network-install Debian Woody (in order to install
> 'Unstable') on an IBM Thinkpad 560X.
>
> I'm using the 'boot', 'root' and 'net-drivers' floppies found here on saturday
> 2004/6/26:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/
>
> partman says something like "here are the partitions on your hard drive" but
> there is nothing! but the menu asking me what I want to do next...
>
> It seems the hard drive (4GB, C,H,S: 993,128,63) is not detected. I also tried
> "linux hd=993,128,63" when booting with the Sarge installation
> disks, but the result is the same.

Try loading the drivers on the disk cd-drivers.img, I seem to recall
that it has a lot of IDE drivers that aren't included on the other
disks. I had the same problem recently, and that solved the problem
for me.

Cheers,

Ketil Froyn
ketil@froyn.name