apt-get: is not going to be installed

Hey,

while trying to install mplayer from a non-free source, I've come across something I hadn't seen with apt-get so far:

mplayer-686: Depends: libavcodec1 (>= 1:0.4.8-woody0.0) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libvorbis0 (>= 1.0rc3-1) but it is not installable

'is not going to be installed' seems to be because avcodec1 depends on vorbis0. Looking into vorbis0, I find this:

Package libvorbis0 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libvorbisfile3 libvorbisenc2 libvorbis0a
E: Package libvorbis0 has no installation candidate

So there are now packages replacing it. Is there any way I could tell avcodec 'hey, you need vorbis0, right? Use vorbis0a instead!'?

And why don't computers speak my language. *kicks the lazy computational linguistics building right next to the dorms he lives in*

Daniel