Re: Apache and CGI

Greg Sidelinger wrote:

Ok I feel pretty stupid for even asking this but how do I make cgi scripts work with apache2 and unstable. I did just the default install of apache2 and tried to run the test-cgi script and all I got for output was the script itself. I know I have had this same problem before on unstable but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to fix it. The scripts are all 755 and nothing shows up in the error logs. I just got the script displaced which tells me that they are not being processed. The /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default config file has ExecCGI and a scriptalias for the directory but for the life of me I can't get apache to process the cgi scripts. I'm using the apache2-mpm-prefork package. The the current config is the default from the packages. If anyone can point me in the correct direction so I can test some simple programs please let me know what I'm over looking.

Greg

The module for the cgi is not loaded to the server yet.
You need to say

   # a2enmod cgi

then

   # apache2ctl graceful

Now try
   $ lynx http://servername/cgi-bin/printenv

BTW: You should also install apache2-common.